"If HP knew what HP knows, we would be three times more profitable."
Lew Platt, former CEO of Hewlett Packard
Have you ever...
- worked on a project, only to find out that someone else in the organization had previously done something similar --- and realized that you could have saved yourself a great deal of time and effort if you had only known about it beforehand?
- had to "re-invent the wheel" simply because it was a lot easier than trying to find information on what had been done before?
- needlessly lost tremendous amounts of valuable time at work because a critical piece of information was held by a single colleague who just happened to be on vacation or sick leave that day (and didn't have his or her Blackberry available)?
These are failures of Knowledge Management in the workplace and they are very costly.
A great deal of the most valuable knowledge that our organization needs to meet its goals and stay competitive resides not in computer systems and on paper, but scattered among numerous people in the form of tacit knowledge (see glossary on the left). Constellation SAS' Organizational Connectivity™ tools can help you locate exactly where knowledge resides and how it is currently being accessed and shared.
Here's how Constellation SAS can help your organization improve its Knowledge Management:
- Presentations on the Organizational Connectivity™ Approach to Knowledge Management
- Formal Training Sessions and Workshops (from two hours to one week in length)
- One-on-One Executive Coaching
- Knowledge Network Analysis Projects
- Knowledge Network Strategy Planning